IHD SR OD 30MG contains Isosorbide-5-mononitrate which belongs to the group of medicines called nitrate vasodilators.
It is used to prevent angina pectoris. Angina pectoris is defined as a sudden, sharp, severe pain originating from the apex of heart and radiating to the left shoulder.
The pain is severe and crushing, and it is characterized by feeling of pressure and suffocation, behind breastbone. It can also help to control certain types of heart failure.
Isosorbide-5-mononitrate works by relaxing the blood vessels of the heart and this reduces the strain on the heart making it easier to pump blood.
Along with the treatment, your doctor might ask you to make certain lifestyle changes such as quitting alcohol and smoking, improve your sleep at night, eating a healthy diet and manage weight.
The most common side effect of taking this medicine is headache. This is common, particularly at the start of treatment and normally subsides after few days.
This medicine may make you feel dizzy or light-headed. Avoid travelling or driving while you experience these symptoms. Others side effects includes nausea, vomiting and hypotension.
Before taking this medicine, inform your doctor if you have any liver, kidney or heart disease, hypothyroidism or glaucoma.
USES OF IHD SR OD 30MG
- Prevents angina pectoris
HOW IHD SR OD 30MG WORKS
After administration, isosorbide-5-mononitrate is converted into free radical nitric oxide which activates the enzyme guanylate cyclase. Activation of this enzyme is followed by synthesis of cyclic guanosine 3?,5?-monophosphate (cyclic GMP) in smooth muscle and other tissues.
This process leads to dephosphorylation of myosin light chain of smooth muscles, and results in relaxation and increased blood flow in arteries, veins and cardiac tissue (vasodilatation), this in turn decreases cardiac workload and provides relief from anginal symptoms.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Take IHD SR OD as directed by your physician. Swallow the medicine with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew the medicine. Your doctor will decide the correct dose for you depending upon your condition. Continue to take this medicine, as long as your doctor tells you to do so, to obtain better results.
SIDE EFFECTS OF IHD SR OD 30MG
- Fainting or collapse
- Increased chest pain
- Nausea or vomiting
- Hypotension (low blood pressure)
- Postural hypotension (decreases in blood pressure when standing up)
- Tachycardia (fast heartbeat)
- Dizziness or feeling weak
HOW TO MANAGE SIDE EFFECTS
Nausea or vomiting:
Try taking this medicine with, or just after meal. Stick to simple meals. Do not eat rich or spicy food.
This is common, particularly at the start of treatment and normally subsides after few days. Rest and drink plenty of fluids. Do not drink too much alcohol.
Talk to your doctor, if you are taking,
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure ACE-inhibitors (e.g. captopril, enalapril), angiotensin- II-receptor antagonists (e.g. losartan, valsartan), beta-blockers (e.g. propanolol, atenolol), calcium antagonists (e.g. diltizem, verapamil) and diuretic (e.g. furosemide)
- Medicines used to treat male erectile dysfunction (e.g. sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil and alprostadil)
- Other medicine used to treat angina such as long acting nitrates (isosorbide dinitrate, nitroglycerin)
- Neuroleptics (used to treat psychiatric disorders) e.g. risperidone, aripiprazole
- Sapropterin (used to lower phenylalanine levels in blood)
- Aldesleukin (used to treat cancer)
- Riociguat (used to treat pulmonary hypertension)
- Tricyclic anti-depressants (used to treat depression) e.g. imipramine, desipramine
- Ergotamine (used for migraine)
Store below 20-25°C and keep out of reach of children.
FAQ’s ABOUT IHD SR OD 30MG
Q: Can I crush IHD SR OD 30MG?
A: No. Swallow the medicine as whole with a drink of water. Do not crush or chew the medicine.
Q: Can I consume alcohol while taking IHD SR OD 30MG?
A: No. Avoid consumption of alcohol while taking this medicine, because it may raise the blood pressure lowering effect of this medicine.
Q: What are the most common side effects of IHD SR OD 30MG?
A: The most common side effects of this medicine are headache, nausea, vomiting and hypotension.
Ihd 30 mg Tablet SR should be taken empty stomach. Your doctor will decide the dose and how often you should take them.
This medicine helps to prevent chest pain in the future. If you stop taking it, your risk of chest pain will increase, especially if you stop taking them suddenly. click here : Ihd 30
Lifestyle changes such as diet, exercise, and not smoking may help this medication work better.
You can develop tolerance to this medicine over time, which means that the same dose becomes less effective. You have to stick to a really specific dosing schedule to prevent this from happening.
most common side effects
Before taking this medicine tell your doctor if you have low blood pressure, increased pressure in the eye (glaucoma), kidney disease, or heart failure.
Also let your doctor know if you are taking any other medicines as some may affect, or be affected by, this medicine and some may be dangerous to take with it.
USES OF IHD TABLET SR
- Prevention of Angina (heart-related chest pain)
BENEFITS OF IHD TABLET SR
In Prevention of Angina (heart-related chest pain)
This makes it easier for blood to flow to the heart, so it gets more oxygen. This medicine thus helps to increase your ability to exercise and go about your daily life more easily and confidently.
SIDE EFFECTS OF IHD TABLET SR
Common side effects of Ihd
- Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk)
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
HOW TO USE IHD TABLET SR
HOW IHD TABLET SR WORKS
However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease.
There are no reviews yet.