- Contains iron, Vitamin B9, and zinc
- Supports the production of red blood cells
- Helps to treat and prevent anemia in both kids and adults
- Boosts immunity and helps to prevent infections
Information about Fefol -Z Capsule
Fefol z capsule contains Carbonyl iron, folic acid (Vitamin B9), zinc sulphate as main ingredients. Folic acid is essential to maintain numerous bodily functions. It plays an important role in rapid cell division and growth. Both children and adults require folic acid to produce healthy red blood cells and prevent anemia. Carbonyl iron is a form of iron that offers higher absorption and less chances of GI disturbances. Iron transports oxygen throughout the body and maintains red blood cells, thus making an individual feel energetic and preventing anemia.
Zinc has been found to be a very important mineral in boosting immunity. It can be used in treating major immune deficiency disorders. It acts as the best nutritional support in cardiac, diabetic, tubercular, and rheumatic patients. It is equally beneficial for patients who are suffering from acute and chronic diseases. Zinc sulfate is essential for normal fetal growth.
It is generally safe and has little or no side effects when taken as prescribed by your doctor. However, in case you are taking any other medications or diet supplements, it is best to inform your doctor to avoid drug interaction. Take this medication at the same time every day. It can be taken orally with water, preferably after meals.
- Carbonyl Iron (Iron): 50 mg
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9): 0.5 mg
- Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate: 61.8 mg
Key benefits of Fefol Z Capsule:
- Helps in the treatment of iron deficiency anemia in both kids and adults
- Aids in the treatment and of nutritional anemia that occurs especially during pregnancy and lactation with coexistent/ suspected zinc deficiency
- Helps to treat iron deficiency due to chronic blood loss or low intake of iron
- Contains zinc which plays a key role in the growth and development (especially bones and tissues)
- Supports the production of red blood cells and improves oxygen supply to the body
- Aids in the proper functioning of the immune system and improves overall health
Directions for use:
Fefol Z Capsule can be taken orally with water, preferably after meals or as directed by the physician.
Quick tips for Fefol Z Capsule:
- It is wise to inform your doctor beforehand if you are taking any other medications, supplements, or following any complementary or integrative health approaches such as homeopathy or Ayurvedic medicine.
- You should not take this supplement if you are allergic to any of its components.
- In case you miss a dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it’s almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
- You should not consume vitamin and mineral supplements more than the recommended daily dose as it may lead to unwanted side effects.
- Avoid taking this medication along with tea or coffee as it may interfere with the absorption of iron.
- Include foods rich in Vitamin C such as orange juice, lemon water, etc. in your diet as it helps in the absorption of iron.
- Do not consider supplements as a replacement for your diet. Eat a healthy diet rich in all the essential nutrients to lead a healthy life.
- If the symptoms fail to improve or you experience any unwanted side effects, consult your doctor at the earliest to avoid any complications.
Side effects of Fefol-Z Capsule:
This tablet is not known to cause any side effects when taken as advised by the doctor. Also, taking too much of this supplement can interfere with the absorption of some other nutrients like Vitamin B12, leading to its deficiency in the long run. When consumed in excess, it may lead to side effects such as:
- Skin rashes
- Stomach discomfort
Storage and safety information:
- Read the instructions carefully before use.
- Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Use under medical supervision.
Key benefits of Fefol-Z Capsule:
- Iron plays a key role in improving blood circulation and oxygen saturation in the body. It also helps to preserve various key functions of the body such as maintaining your energy levels, improving your gastrointestinal functions, boosting your immune response, and regulating your body temperature.
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) is another water-soluble B-complex vitamin that is naturally available in food as folate and folic acid. This vitamin acts as a coenzyme in the synthesis of nucleic acid (DNA) and red blood cells.
- Zinc plays a very critical role in maintaining several functions of the body such as neurological functions, immunity, fertility, and overall energy levels of the body.
FAQs related to Fefol-Z Capsule:
Q. What is the use of Fefol-Z Capsule?
It is used to treat and prevent anemia caused due to iron and folic acid deficiency. It plays a key role in the production of red blood cells (RBCs) which is known to improve blood supply. It also helps to fulfill iron and folic acid reserves of the body, thereby improving the symptoms caused due to their deficiency. Along with that, it helps to maintain a proper supply of oxygen in the body.
Q. Why is Fefol Z Capsule prescribed?
It is mostly prescribed to maintain iron and folic acid reserves in the body and prevent their deficiency. It helps to replenish the deteriorating reserves of iron, thereby preventing and treating anemia. It ensures proper blood supply and red blood cell production in the body, helping to improve symptoms of anemia.
Q. How much iron does Fefol Z Capsule have?
Each film-coated capsule contains 152 mg of iron in the form of ferrous fumarate. The recommended daily dose (RDA) of iron for men and women is 17 mg and 21 mg, respectively. The RDA for pregnant and breastfeeding women is 35 mg and 21 mg, respectively.
Q. Is Fefol Z Capsule safe?
It is usually safe and doesn’t cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor’s recommendation. Avoid taking higher than the recommended dose as it may cause side effects such as nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, stomach upset, and skin rashes.
Q. What foods are rich in iron and folic acid?
Taking a lot of Vitamin C or drinking orange juice regularly along with foods rich in iron can help maintain adequate levels of iron and folic acid in the body. Some of the common food sources of iron include beetroots, dates, sweet potatoes, and pomegranate. Foods items rich in folic acid comprise leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, beets, legumes, broccoli, and foods.
Q. Can I take Fefol Z Capsule during pregnancy?
Generally, it is recommended to improve iron and folic levels during pregnancy and breastfeeding, but it would be wise to consult your doctor first. This tablet is commonly suggested to treat and prevent different forms of anemia. It helps in preventing iron and folic acid deficiencies during pregnancy, breastfeeding, after surgery, or in conditions of nutritional malabsorption.
Q. What are the symptoms of lack of iron (anemia) in your body?
Symptoms of anemia are subtle and vague, hence they commonly get ignored quite. But, ignoring these symptoms can have devastating effects later. Some of the common symptoms of anemia include fatigue, shortness of breath, brittle nails, pale skin, strange cravings (such as for ice cubes, clay, chalk, etc.), chest pain, numbness, black stools, heavy or irregular periods, and restless leg syndrome.