CARDIVAS CR 40MG contain Carvedilol which belongs to a group of medicine called beta-blockers. This medicine is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension), chest pain and heart failure. Hypertension is a condition in which the force of the blood against the artery wall is high. Discomfort in the chest is called chest pain. Heart failure is a chronic condition in which heart does not pump blood as well.
CARDIVAS CR 40MG works by relaxing and widening the blood vessel. This makes easier for your heart to pump blood around the body and reduces blood pressure and strain on your heart. Making some changes in your lifestyle will help in improving your condition. These may include regular exercise, losing weight, smoking cessation, reducing alcohol intake, and reducing the amount of salt in your diet.
This medicine is strictly not recommended for use in children and adolescents under 18 years. Before taking this medicine tell your doctor if you have ever had kidney disease, heart disease, liver problems. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking this medicine.
USES OF CARDIVAS CR 40MG
- Treat high blood pressure (hypertension), chest pain(angina), heart failure
HOW CARDIVAS CR 40MG WORKS
CARDIVAS CR 40MG works by relaxing and widening the blood vessel. This makes easier for your heart to pump blood around the body and reduces blood pressure and strain on your heart.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Always take CARDIVAS CR 40MG exactly as your doctor has told you. This medicine must be taken with or without food. Try to take this medicine at the same time each day. It should be swallowed whole with water. Do not crush or chew the medicine.
SIDE EFFECTS OF CARDIVAS CR 40MG
- Low blood pressure
- Heart failure
- Bronchitis, Pneumonia, upper respiratory tract infection
- Infections of the urinary tract
- Low numbers of red blood cells
- Increase in weight
- Elevated cholesterol level
- Loss of blood sugar control
- Visual disturbance
- Eye irritation
- Slow heart rate
- Oedema, fluid overload and increased volume of blood in the body
- Problems with blood circulation, hardening of the arteries
- Fluid accumulation in the lungs
- Malaise, vomiting, stomach pains, indigestion
- Pains (arms and legs)
- Disturbances in renal function
- Difficulty in passing urine
HOW TO MANAGE SIDE EFFECTS
Get up and move around to feel awake, take small naps to edge off the sleepiness. Give your eyes a break to avoid fatigue and eat a healthy food to boost energy.
Apply hot or cold-water bag on your head. Take rest in a quiet and dark room. Drink tea or coffee.
Drink lot of fluids, such as water or squash, to avoid dehydration. Do not take any other medicines without consulting to a doctor.
Try taking this medicine with, or just after, a meal or snack and stick to simple meals and do not eat rich or spicy food.
Keep try to rest and relax. Eat and drink slowly and smaller and frequent meals. Applying a heat pad or covered hot water bottle on your stomach may also help. If still pain persists, speak to your doctor.
Talk to your doctor, if you are taking,
- Diltiazem, verapamil, or amiodarone (used to treat an irregular heartbeat)
- Isosorbide mononitrate or glyceryl trinitrate (used to treat angina)
- Digoxin (used to treat heart failure)
- Doxazosin, reserpine, amlodipine or indoramin (used to treat high blood pressure)
- Fluoxetine, tricyclic antidepressants, barbiturates, phenothiazines, haloperidol or monoamine oxide inhibitors (used to treat depression)
- Ciclosporin (used to prevent your body rejecting organs after transplant operations)
- Oral antidiabetic medicines or insulin (used to reduce blood sugar)
- Clonidine or ergotamine (used to reduce blood pressure or treat migraine)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine such as ibuprofen or diclofenac (used to treat pain and inflammation)
- Estrogen (used for hormone replacement therapy)
- Corticosteroids such as prednisolone (used to suppress inflammatory or allergic reactions)
- Rifampicin or erythromycin (used to treat bacterial infections)
- Cimetidine (used to treat stomach ulcers, heartburn, and acid reflux)
- Ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infections)
- Ephedrine or pseudoephedrine (used to treat decongestant cough and cold)
Do not store above 30ºC and keep out of reach of children.
FAQs ABOUT CARDIVAS CR 40MG
Q: What are the rare side effects of CARDIVAS CR 40MG?
A: This medicine may cause rare side effects such as lowered blood platelet count, dryness of the mouth and stuffy nose.
Q: Can CARDIVAS CR 40MG cause headache?
A: Yes, this medicine may cause headache in some individuals. Apply hot or cold-water bag on your head. Take rest in a quiet and dark room. Drink tea or coffee.
Cardivas CR 40 Tablet should be taken with food. You should take it in the dose and duration as advised by the doctor. It is important to take it even if you feel well or if your blood pressure is controlled. Do not stop this medicine without talking to the doctor as your condition could get worse.
Making some changes in your lifestyle will help in improving your condition. These may include regular exercise, losing weight, smoking cessation, reducing alcohol intake, and reducing the amount of salt in your diet as advised by your doctor. This medicine is tolerated well by most patients but it may have a few side effects. These include dizziness, headache, and tiredness. Let your doctor know if these side effects bother you or do not go away.
Before taking this medicine, let your doctor know if you have any heart or kidney diseases. Pregnant or breastfeeding mothers should also consult their doctor before taking this medicine.
USES OF CARDIVAS TABLET ER
- Treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Treatment of Angina (heart-related chest pain)
- Treatment of Heart failure
BENEFITS OF CARDIVAS TABLET ER
In Treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure)
In Treatment of Angina (heart-related chest pain)
In Treatment of Heart failure
This medicine will help relieve your symptoms, making you feel better and more energetic. You should make appropriate lifestyle changes (such as eating healthily and keeping active) to help this medicine be effective. Take it regularly and keep taking it even if you feel better.
SIDE EFFECTS OF CARDIVAS TABLET ER
Common side effects of Cardivas
- Decreased blood pressure
HOW TO USE CARDIVAS TABLET ER
HOW CARDIVAS TABLET ER WORKS
However, inform your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease. Regular monitoring of blood pressure is recommended for dose adjustment.
Use of Cardivas CR 40 Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.