EMBETA R 2.5MG contain Metoprolol Succinate which belongs to a group of medicine called beta-blockers.
It is used to treat high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat and prevent heart attack and strokes, angina pectoris, migraine. High blood pressure is a condition in which the force of the blood against the artery wall.
Improper beating of the heart, whether irregular, too fast, or too slow. This is also called as irregular heartbeat or arrhythmia.
Heart attack occurs when blood flow decreases or stops to a part of the heart, causing damage to the heart muscle.
This is also called as myocardial infarction. Stroke occurs when a blood vessel that carries oxygen and nutrients to the brain is either blocked by a clot or bursts (or ruptures).
Angina pectoris is a type of chest pain caused by reduced blood flow to the heart.
Migraine is a neurological condition that can cause multiple symptoms. It is frequently characterized by intense, debilitating headache.
Always take EMBETA R 2.5 MG exactly as your doctor has told you. This medicine must be taken with or without food.
It is not recommended for use in children and adolescents under 18 years. It can be taken by adults over the age of 18 years.
Before taking this medicine tell your doctor if you have ever had kidney disease, heart disease, liver problems. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking this medicine.
USES OF EMBETA R 2.5MG
- Treat high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat
- Prevent heart attack and strokes, angina pectoris, migraine
HOW EMBETA R 2.5MG WORKS
EMBETA R 2.5MG works by changing the way your body responds to some nerve impulses, especially in the heart. It slows down your heart rate and makes it easier for your heart to pump blood around your body.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Always take EMBETA R 2.5MG exactly as your doctor has told you. This medicine must be taken with or without food. Try to take this medicine at the same time each day. It should be swallowed whole with water. Do not crush or chew the medicine.
SIDE EFFECTS OF EMBETA R 2.5MG
- Lung problems (symptoms such as shortness of breath, wheezing, and tightening of the chest)
- Heart problems (symptoms such as shortness of breath with a cough that gets worse when you exercise (like walking upstairs), swollen ankles or legs, chest pain, an irregular heartbeat)
- Thyrotoxicosis (symptoms such as fast heart rate, high temperature (38°C and above), trembling and confusion)
- Liver problems (symptoms such as yellow skin or the whites of your eyes turn yellow)
- Serious allergic reaction (such as anaphylaxis, skin rash that may include itchy, red, swollen, blistered or peeling skin, tightness of the throat, trouble breathing or talking, swelling of mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat)
- Feeling tired, dizziness or weak
- Cold hands or feet
- Stomach ache
HOW TO MANAGE SIDE EFFECTS
Apply hot or cold-water bag on your head. Take rest in a quiet and dark room. Drink tea or coffee.
Get up and move around to feel awake, take small naps to edge off the sleepiness. Give your eyes a break to avoid fatigue and eat a healthy food to boost energy.
Try taking this medicine with, or just after, a meal or snack and stick to simple meals and do not eat rich or spicy food.
Try to rest and relax. Eat and drink slowly or have smaller and frequent meals. Applying heat pad or covered hot water bottle on your stomach may also help. If still pain persists, speak to your doctor.
Tell your doctor if you have or had a condition such as,
- Low blood pressure
- Metabolic acidosis
- Overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) or thyrotoxicosis
- Severe blood circulation problems in your limbs (such as Raynauds phenomenon) which may make your fingers and toes tingle or turn pale or blue
- Low blood sugar
Talk to your doctor if you are taking,
- Medicines for high blood pressure
- Antidepressants (used to treat depression)
- Nitrates (used to treat chest pain)
- Baclofen (used for muscle relaxant)
- Tamsulosin (used for an enlarged prostate)
- Co-careldopa and levodopa (used to treat parkinsons disease)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen
- Pseudoephedrine or xylometazoline (used to treat cough)
- Medicines for diabetes
- Ephedrine, noradrenaline, or adrenaline (used to treat allergy)
- Medicines for asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Store below 20-25°C and keep out of reach of children.
FAQ’s ABOUT EMBETA R 2.5MG
Q: Can EMBETA R 2.5MG be used in children?
A: No, this medicine is strictly not recommended for use in children and adolescents under 18 years.
Q: Can I take EMBETA R 2.5MG during alcohol?
A: No, this medicine is strictly not recommended during alcohol consumption.
Q: Can EMBETA R 2.5MG cause dizziness?
A: Yes, this medicine may cause dizziness in some individuals. Get up and move around to feel awake, take small naps to edge off the sleepiness. Give your eyes a break to avoid fatigue and eat a healthy food to boost energy.
Early treatment with this medicine also improves chances of survival in patients of heart attack.
It is advised to take Embeta-R 2.5 Tablet with food at a fixed time each day to maintain consistent levels of medicine in the blood. Keep taking it for as long as advised by your doctor.
Even if you feel well, do not stop this medicine on your own because high blood pressure often has no symptoms. If you stop taking it, your condition may get worse.
Keeping active with regular exercise, reducing your weight and eating a healthy diet will also help control your blood pressure. Follow your doctor’s advice while taking this medicine.
Some common side effects
It is advised to avoid potassium rich food and supplements while taking this medicine.It may cause dizziness, avoid driving or rise slowly from the sitting position.
You may be asked for regular monitoring of blood pressure, blood sugar level, kidney functioning, urea, or electrolytes level during the treatment.Before taking it, let your doctor know if you have any liver or kidney problems.
Pregnant or breastfeeding women should also consult their doctor for advice before taking this medicine.
You also need to tell your doctor what other medicines you are taking especially those used to treat high blood pressure or heart conditions. click here : Embeta R
USES OF EMBETA-R TABLET
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
BENEFITS OF EMBETA-R TABLET
In Hypertension (high blood pressure)
SIDE EFFECTS OF EMBETA-R TABLET
Common side effects of Embeta-R
- Taste change
- Cold extremities
- Slow heart rate
- Numbness of extremity
- Increased potassium level in blood
- Decreased blood pressure
HOW TO USE EMBETA-R TABLET
HOW EMBETA-R TABLET WORKS
Embeta-R 2.5 Tablet is a combination of two medicines: Metoprolol and ramipril which lower blood pressure effectively.
Metoprolol is a beta blocker which works by slowing down the heart rate and makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood around the body.
Ramipril is an ACE inhibitor which reduces stress on the heart and relaxes blood vessel so that blood flows more smoothly.
Regular monitoring of blood pressure is recommended for dose adjustment.
Inform your doctor if you develop any signs and symptoms of jaundice while taking this medicine.
There are no reviews yet.